Sunday, April 17, 2011

CQC80- One Color Combination, Three Cards!

Hi Stampers! 
As I worked on the design for a card using the ColourQ CQC80 colors for this week’s
challenge (see http://colourq.blogspot.com ), I ended up with quite a few “experiments” that
I decided to incorporate into three separate cards.
As I mentioned in my last post, I have scraps from other card projects that I store in ziplock bags, so when I pulled out the challenge colors, I decided to use as many scraps as possible. 
To me, these cards qualify as Clean and Simple (CAS) – not an easy technique for me to create but I felt that I wanted to go “outside the box”.

 
The first card was created using the Emboss Resist technique- I used the Embossing Buddy to de-static a piece of Whisper White cardstock , stamped with large floral spray image from the new set Fabulous Florets with Versamark, heat emboss with White EP.  Use sponge daubers to apply Crumb Cake, Tangerine Tango and Cherry Cobbler around the image.  Lightly wipe off the ink from the embossed area. 
Punch the border on a piece of retired DSP and Whisper White, punch out the sentiment, layer and complete the card with pearls.




The second card was created with a tag that was already cut with the Big Shot and the Two Tags die.  Stamp the floral and leaf outline images with Cherry Cobbler, Tangerine Tango and Kiwi Kiss. Sponge edges with Cherry Cobbler  and stamp the sentiment with Cherry Cobbler.  
Layer the DSP and create the panels.  The flower was created with the Scallop Circle Punch and a piece of Tangerine Tango that had been previously embossed with the Square Lattice EF.  A Kiwi Kiss button and pearls finish off the card. 





The third card was an experiment using the new
Flower Garden  EF.  I embossed a piece of Crumb Cake with the EF and flipped the cardstock over and to sponge Tangerine Tango and Cherry Cobbler on the de-bossed side.
A little bit of layering of DSP, add the bow and pearls and the card was finished!  I could become hooked on the CAS Style!
Stamp Sets:   Fabulous Florets (available 05/01), Short & Sweet, Simply Said, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink:  Versamark, Crumb Cake, Kiwi Kiss, Cherry Cobbler, Tangerine Tango
Cardstock:   Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Kiwi Kiss, Cherry Cobbler, Tangerine Tango
Accessories:  Big Shot, Two Tags Die, Square Lattice and Flower Garden EF (available 05/01) , Heat Gun, White EP, 5/8” White Satin Ribbon, Sponge Daubers, Pearls, Punches- Decorative XL Label, Scallop Circle, Large Oval, Pinking Hearts Border, Scallop Trim Border.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have fun stamping! 

2 comments:

Sylvia said...

Beautiful cards, Julie, all three! don't know which one is my favorite as all three have lovely elements! I do love the new embossing folder. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

LeAnne said...

You have been a busy stamper! These are all lovely! I cannot even chose a favorite! Your techniques are wonderful! Thanks for playing with the CQC this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...