Sunday, January 22, 2012

CQC120- Two Cards with One "Quilt"


Hi Stampers!! 

This week’s ColourQCQC120 Challenge colors are rich and vibrant and the inspiration photo reminds me of the 70’s (oh no, how can I be old enough to remember the 70’s…where did the time go?? :-)). 

I decided to create a quilt card and the panel I made was too large for one card, so I was able to create two quick, easy cards.

The first step was to create the “quilt” panel with several squares of Designer Series Paper (I used Rich Razzleberry and Wisteria Wonder) along with Island Indigo and Bravo Burgundy cardstock punched out with the 1 ¼’ Square Punch.  Adhere the squares in your chosen design to Whisper White cardstock and emboss with the Big Shot™ using the Snow Burst Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folder.

Lightly sand with the Sanding Block to expose the white core on the Designer Series Paper (remember the core will not appear on the colored SU! cardstock since it has a solid color core).

For the first card, layer the quilted panel with additional Wisteria Wonder Designer Series panel, a punched border with the Eyelet Scallop Punch (use the Crimper Tool to add more texture), 5/8” Satin Ribbon bow and the embossed focal image.

To create the focal image, de-static a piece of Whisper White with the Embossing Buddy®, stamp the bee image from Nature’s Pace with Versamark® ink, apply Stampin’ Emboss® Burgundy Embossing Powder (retired)  and heat with the Heat Tool.  Once cooled, emboss with the Big Shot™ and the Oval Designer Frame Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folder.  Gently tear around the edges, attach to the card and add the pearls to finish off the card.

Stamp Sets:  Nature’s Pace, Short and Sweet


Ink: Versamark™, Bravo Burgundy, Stampin’ Write Markers- Wisteria Wonder, Island Indigo

Paper: Whisper White, Island Indigo, Rich Razzleberry, Wisteria Wonder DSP
Accessories:  Big Shot™, Designer Frame (Oval) and Snow Burst Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folder, Punches- 1 1/4” Square, Large Oval, Eyelet Border, 5/8” Burgundy Satin Ribbon (from my stash),  Embossing Buddy®, Heat Tool, Burgundy Embossing Powder (retired), Pearls  



Since I still had a piece of the quilted panel remaining from this card, along with all of the other cardstock, I decided to create another quick Clean and Simple (CAS) card.


Mount the sanded panel onto Whisper White, Island Indigo and another layer of Whisper White.  Add the 5/8” Burgundy Satin Bow and adhere to the Bravo Burgundy and Island Indigo panels. 

Add the sentiment and Rhinestones to finish off the card.

Stamp Sets:  Short and Sweet

Ink: Bravo Burgundy

Paper: Whisper White, Bravo Burgundy, Island Indigo, Rich Razzleberry and Wisteria Wonder DSP

Accessories:  Big Shot™, Snow Burst Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folder, Punches- Word Window, Modern Label, 5/8” Burgundy Satin Ribbon (from my stash), Rhinestones

Thanks again for visiting- I had a great time making these cards plus two more for a few other challenges (I will post the other two tomorrow so I hope you will have the time to come back and check them out!) 

Have a great weekend and I hope you are able to find some time for relaxing and stamping!

8 comments:

Sylvia said...

Hi Julie! Both cards are lovely, love your quilted look in both. I have been trying to work on another quilt card, just haven't gotten my idea finished in my head yet! thanks for joining us again this week at the ColourQ.

Tracey McNeely said...

Very nice card, I just love the embossing.

Arielle H Gordon said...

Gorgeous cards, Julie!!! Love them both so much! Thank you for playing with us at the colourQ this week!

Christina said...

Julie, I love the quilt look of the embossed squares and that gorgeous burgundy ribbon! Seriously, you need to teach me how to tie such perfect bows! Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ!

savvy teaching tips said...

Two card in one. fabulous! Thanks for playing with us at the Colour Q this week.

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous cards, I love them both! You made those CQC colors look awesome!

Marybeth said...

Love both of your cards Julie. The firs one is gorgeous and congrats on being a Colour Courtier

Julie Aldridge said...

I love the Wish Big card! Beautiful! Congrats on being a ColourQ Courtier!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...