Sunday, August 26, 2012

CQC151 Full of Blessings


Hi Stampers!

I decided to create a card this evening and with fall on the horizon here on the East Coast, I chose to use the CQC151 ColourQ colors- they seemed so "fall-like" to me.

This is another quick, easy CAS card:

Use Basic Black Classic Ink to stamp the focal image onto Whisper White cardstock.  Watercolor the image with the Aqua Painter (I used the ink from the Tempting Turquoise and Pumpkin Pie pads) and colored the bird and a few shadows with the Gray Watercolor Pencil.

Center the Apothecary Accents Framelit™ over the image and cut using the Big Shot™.  Cut another piece using Basic Black cardstock and layer behind the watercolored image (I cut the label die piece in half). 

Punch a hole in the corners, attach the 5/8” Black Stain Ribbon and the Pumpkin Pie Corduroy Button Brad (both are retired). 

Layer over Basic Gray Designer Series Paper (retired Hostess Level I pack) and a Whisper White layer cut with the Adorning Accents Edgelit™ and embossed with the Adorning Accents Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folder ( stamp the sentiment before adhering to the layers).   Layer a piece of Pumpkin Pie DSP under the Adorning Accents layer and mount onto Basic Black Cardstock.

Add the 5/8” Basic Black Satin Ribbon bow to finish off the card.

Stamp Sets:  Full of Blessings

Ink: Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Tempting Turquoise, SU! Gray Watercolor Pencil
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie DSP, Basic Gray DSP (retired Hostess Level I pack)

Accessories:  Big Shot™, Apothecary Accents Framelit™ , Adorning Accents Edgelit™ , Adorning Accents Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folder, Pumpkin Pie Corduroy Button Brads (retired), 5/8” Basic Black Satin Ribbon (retired) 

Thanks again for dropping in for a visit- I hope all of you have a blessed week!

3 comments:

Sylvia said...

Julie, your card is gorgeous! The stamping and coloring is wonderful, I love your cards! Thanks for sharing your talent with us this week at the colourQ.

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card Julie! Your stamping and colouring is fabulous. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the colourQ!

Anonymous said...

I have looked at this stamp set in the catty and wondered what would I do with this. You have shown me today. Thank you for a very creative card. Victoria

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...