Wednesday, August 22, 2012

"Paper Pieced" Pinto for The Paper Players



Hi Stampers!           
                                                                                                    
This week has been an unusual week with a lot of computer issues at work and sporadic connections at home – difficult to get our work done but it gives me a break from the computer and time to stamp :-)

This week the PP109 Challenge at The Paper Players is "Paper Piecing" (not to be confused with Paper Piercing).  Paper piecing is one technique that I do not use that often- not sure why, I love the results that I see on all of the Design Team projects as well as the other entries so I may have to try this one more often :-).

I decided to pull out a new favorite stamp set, Horse Frontier.  I have several women (and young ladies) in my life that love horses so when this set came out this year, I knew that I would have to own it.

To create this card:

Using Early Espresso Classic Ink, stamp the horse image on your patterned paper (two different colors if you want to create a pinto type horse or sometimes they are referred to as a "Paint" ).   I used Comfort Café (the brown tweed piece) and the Whisper White Designer Series paper from the current Neutrals paper stack (the one with small words – you can barely see them).

Carefully cut out the horse image from the brown DSP and set aside.  With the White DSP, cut pieces to resemble the pinto spots, tail, mane and “boots’).  I used Two Way Glue to adhere to the brown horse image matching up the stamped lines (fyi- this was the most time consuming part of this card so I am not sure if I would describe this technique for me as "simple"- easy but took a bit of time  :-)

I stamped the grass area onto the Lucky Limeade Poppy designed paper in the Floral District DSP and cut out the area for the horse ‘s hooves and feathered the grass a bit.

Close-Up of Horse "Paper Piecing" 
Use the Big Shot™ with the Large Scallop Edgelit™ to cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock.  Emboss with the Big Shot™ and the Delicate Accents Lace Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folder.

Stamp the Estrucan Elegance Jumbo Wheel with Early Espresso Classic Ink (lightly stamping off a bit of the ink) and stamp onto your background paper – I used a piece of the retired Bella Chateou DSP.   Emboss this panel with the Big Shot™ and  the Fancy Fan Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folder (the image side was accidentally on the reverse side of the EF but I think it worked better for this card). 

Adhere the background to the embossed lace edge piece of Whisper White.  Adhere the horse and grass image using SU! Dimensionals.  Add the 5/8” Early Espresso Satin Ribbon bow and little tag sentiments to finish off the card.

Stamp Sets:  Horse Frontier, Estrucan Elegance (Jumbo Wheel), Tiny Tags

 Ink: Early Espresso

Paper:  Whisper White, Early Espresso, DSP- Comfort Café, Floral District, retired Bella Chateau

Accessories:  Big Shot™, Fancy Fan and Delicate Accents (Lace) Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folders, Paper Snips, Jewelry Tag Punch, SU! Dimensionals,  5/8” Early Espresso Satin Ribbon (retired)

Thanks again for stopping by- I hope you like my take on paper piecing :-).  As I  mentioned above, it was a bit time consuming gluing all of the little pieces but I did have fun!  I hope all of you have a great week stamping and creating!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow!!! This is quite impressive! Glad you joined us at the Paper Players!

Nance Leedy said...

Oh Julie, this is stunning! I love the way you combined pieced papers to make your painted pony. The wheeled image adds just the right shabby touch. Just gorgeous! So glad you joined us at The Paper Players!

Anne Marie Hile said...

WOW! Julie, this is a gorgeous card and a wonderful way to showcase that stamp set. As always, your details are just perfect. Thank you so much for playing along with my paper piecing challenge this week at the Paper Players! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...