Friday, August 17, 2012

PP108 Christmas Blessings


Hi Stampers!                
                                                                                               
The weeks are flying by this summer and before you know it, it will be Fall and then Christmas.  I am very behind on my Splitcoaststampers challenge for Christmas cards and thought I would take a moment this evening to create a very simple card using the PP108 Ann's Color Challenge from my good friends at The PaperPlayers. If you have not had a chance yet, stop by and visit their site- all of the cards that the Design Team created are gorgeous as well as the many other entries that were submitted (inspiration to last months :-)) 

To create this card:

Tear a piece of scrap paper for your “horizon” mask and use a Sponge Dauber with Not Quite Navy Classic Ink to apply the layers of the light to dark blue areas (mimicking fog and snow). 

Stamp the trees from Lovely As A Tree using the mask to cover some of the lower branches and trunks and stamp off before stamping the trees for the background (gradually allowing darker ink as you come forward in the scene).

Once you are pleased with your snow scene, trim to size and mount onto Not Quite Navy and again onto Cherry Cobbler.

I added the Cherry Cobbler Photo Corners (embossed with the new Lacy Brocade EF) to hide a blemish from where I thought I would add a pearl :-)).   I might still add a pearl or two later...or glitter (although I have trouble photographing glitter and not sure if the recipients would appreciate it:-)

Add the ½” Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Triple Bow in the lower corner, stamp the sentiment with Cherry Cobbler onto Crumb Cake and mount all onto Cherry Cobbler to finish off the card.

Stamp Sets:  Lovely As A Tree, More Merry Messages

 Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Not Quite Navy

Paper:  Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Not Quite Navy

Accessories:  Big Shot™, Lacy Brocade Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folder, Sponge Daubers, Photo Corner Punch (retired),  ½” Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding

Now, I have to decide if I want to use this design for my additional 24 cards (my original  monthly quoto was 25 cards and I am seven months behind schedule- oh no!)

Thanks again for stopping by- I hope all of you are well and that you are finding time to have some fun stamping and creating!

7 comments:

Narelle Farrugia said...

I absolutely love the scene you've created Julie! Just gorgeous!

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous, Julie! You do scenes so well, something I struggle with! Love your corners, too! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

Simply Sara Stampin' said...

Love your sponged scene and how you brought the colors together so beautifully! I'm always on the lookout for cards like these because I love to sponge myself. :)
Have a great day! Sara

Ann Schach said...

Julie, this is gorgeous! Your sponging is perfect, and the scene you have created is stunning! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Julie, all I can say is WOW! You created such a beautiful scene and everything blends together so perfectly. The double bow is the perfect finishing touch. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

Maria said...

Gorgeous...absolutely gorgeous! Big congrats on your win with The Paper Players!

kim said...

This is so very beautiful. I would love to make something like this but unfortunately I am very craft challenged and I have no idea what the techniques that you used are. I.e. masking, sponging etc. I actually saw this on Pinterest!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...