Sunday, August 18, 2013

Two Cards, One Layer and a bit of Scoring!!

Hi Stampers! 

I hope all of you are having a wonderful Sunday!  When I checked out this week’s  PP159 Challenge at The Paper Players, I was surprised to see that it was “Ann’s CAS One Layer Challenge”  :-)  Ann and I both struggle with one layer cards and since she made a fabulous one, I knew I would have to take the challenge as well- thanks for the inspiration Ann!!

Again, if you have not taken the time to visit their site, check it out!!  So many lovely Design Team samples and entries!

Originally I was going to create a masked background but I struggle with creating a "clean" one layer card (I always seem to smudge something or stamp the sentiment crooked) so I decided to take the My Digital Studio (MDS) route again!  For those of you who love the real rubber stamps (I do as well) and are tired of the MDS cards, I promise, they will be coming out to "play" this week :-)

To create the first card:

Open a blank 8.5 x 11 custom page and insert the stamp brush set Swallowtail.  Re-size and position onto the far right hand side of the page (so when you print and score down the center, the image will be on the front of the card).  

Click on the image to allow the “handles” to appear and position your mouse over one of the corner handles until you see the curved arrow (this is the symbol for rotating).  Hold the mouse button down and click on the handle to drag the image into a slight curve.

Insert a Square Punch and enlarge to place over the wing area on the right- change the color of the punch to Whisper White (so it will disappear). 

Position the sentiment from Watercolor Trio under the butterfly (retired set as a rubber stamp set but still "current" in MDS- love it!!).





For the second card:

Follow the same steps above with the Sunflower background stamp brush set, the Square Punches for the sides and angle one of the punches for the bottom right and insert the sentiment from Lovely Romance.

Print the cards onto Whisper White cardstock, fold in half and with the Simply Scored Scoring Tool, add Score Lines along the top, sides and bottom of the card.

Clean and simple (CAS) and only one layer- woohoo, I did it!!

Stamp Sets:  Swallowtail, Watercolor Trio, Sunflower, Lovely Romance  (all MDS)

Ink: Printer Ink- Black

Cardstock: Whisper White

Accessories:  Simply Scored Scoring Tool


I think I will make a few more for a set for quick mailings :-)

Thanks again for taking the time to stop by- your visit is such an encouragement to me!! 

Have a wonderful Monday!!

3 comments:

Eileen Lang said...

Love both of these cards. Really elegant for one layer. The scoring really adds a lot to them.

LeAnne said...

GORGEOUS!!!! WOW! You really know how to do one layer, my friend! Thanks for sharing these with us this week!

Jaydee said...

Julie, I true struggle with masking and manage to get ink everywhere! So, good idea to go the MDS route. The scoring is a great touch. So glad you joined the Paper Players again this week
Hugs
Jaydee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...