Saturday, April 26, 2014

A Final Farewell to the Dynamic Duos

Hi Stampers! 

This week is the 100th Dynamic Duos Challenge and will not only be the final challenge for my time on the Design Team as well as the final challenge for the Dynamic Duos!  It has been my honor to participate with my fellow Designers as well as Anne Marie and Lesley and I will miss this weekly challenge. 

I decided to incorporate the Our Daily Bread Designs ODBDSLC199Sketch Challenge along with the DD100 Dynamic Duos “Triple Threat” colors- So Saffron, Pool Party and Smoky Slate.

I hope you will have the time to visit and check out the rest of the fantastic Design Team projects as well as create your own and share with us in our final Dynamic Duos Challenge :-)!

To create this project:

Create a sun mask using the 1 ¼” Circle Punch from a sticky note- use a Sponge Dauber with So Saffron Classic Ink to create the sun and reflection on the water.  Use a Sponge Dauber with Pool Party Classic Ink for the sky and water.

Ink the boat image from Waves on the Sea using Smoky Slate Classic Ink and stamp onto the sponged scene.  Use a Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker to accentuate the shadows and waves.

Ink the Notable Notions script stamp and stamp over the sky area, the compass image from The Open Sea using Smoky Slate and stamp over the sun.  Use the Color Spritzer Tool along with the Smoky Slate Stampin’ Write marker to add a bit of distressing. Trim and mount onto Basic Black cardstock.

Ink the ledger stamp from The Open Sea using Smoky Slate Classic Ink onto Smoky Slate cardstock.  Use the Distressing Tool to distress the edges of the cardstock and mount onto a piece of Basic Black cardstock. 

Adhere the Epic Day This and That Designer Series Paper (DSP) and the I Am Me DSP onto Basic Black cardstock, adhere to the Smoky Slate background.   
Add the Basic Black cardstock strips (embossed with the Woodgrain Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folder-difficult to see in the photo).  I used a combination of four strips to allow the knotted Natural Linen Thread to be inserted under the top strip.
Mount the focal image using Stampin’ Dimensionals®, add the sentiment and wrap the Natural Linen knotted “ropes” to finish off the card.
Stamp Sets: The Open Sea, Notable Notions, Waves on the Sea (ODBD)
Ink: So Saffron, Pool Party, Smoky Slate, Stampin’ Write Marker- Basic Black, Smoky Slate
Paper/Cardstock:  Smoky Slate, Basic Black, Epic Day This and That DSP, I Am Me DSP
Accessories: Big Shot™, Woodgrain Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folder, Sponge Daubers, Sticky Notes for Masking, Color Spritzer Tool, Natural Linen Thread

Thanks again for stopping by - I hope all of you have a wonderful week and a chance to join in on our final “DD100 Triple Threat” Challenge!

14 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

What a GORGEOUS card!! I had a BLAST being on the DD DT with you my fellow Dirty Dozen sista!!! :)

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous card Julie. Great job with
the sketch and colors. I have really enjoyed being on the DD design team with you.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Julie, this is absolutely gorgeous! I love the colors and your beautiful take on this week's sketch challenge! You have really shaded this so beautifully, and it's wonderful to have you join us once again for the ODBD Shining the Light challenge! And congrats on a wonderful two years Dynamic Duo challenge! Hugs, sweet friend!

Cards By Jan said...

Gorgeous card Julie...this is one of my favorite images...You did it up proud!!
Hugs

canadian_liner said...

Julie,
What a beautiful and inspirational card to finish up the DD-designer term. You have an awesome amount of talent and I will enjoy following you in the "blog-0-sphere" even if we don't get to chat weekly. Big hugs :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Beautiful Julie!! I love the colors and your sponging is perfect!!Thanks for joining us at the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!!
Hugs,
Chris

Annette Elliott said...

This card took my breath away when I first saw it! Absolutely gorgeous! Your shadowing in the water is AWESOME! I loved working with you on DD, but know that I will continue to see your creations being pinned all around. Blessings to you!

Linda Carson said...

You've created such a beautiful scene Julie with wonderful sponging! Love your take on the sketch, your colors and textures! Thanks for creating with us this week at ODBD!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Julie, this is stunning! Truly a work of art with all of the gorgeous detail you added. It has been an absolute pleasure to work with you (again) over the past 6 months at Dynamic Duos. You always inspire me with your beautiful creations. Thank you so much for being a part of the team. Sending a big hug your way! :)

JD/ Jill said...

Like someone said before me in their post. This card took my breath away...It's True...it is awesome! What a great use of the colors...outstanding. Thanks for sharing how you did it.

Sarah Fleming said...

Such an amazing card, Julie! Just WOW. God has blessed you with buckets of talent! I'm so glad we were on the design team together. And I want to tell you that I don't really care for the vintage style -- BUT I love every card you make. You are just that talented!

Lesley said...

Your card is GORGEOUS!!! Wow, Julie! I just love your style and I am so happy we got the chance to work together again. Thank you for all the inspiration you shared each week.
Hugs,
Lesley

Cindy Brumbaugh said...

Again, as always, a beautiful card with precise detailing of the creative process. You are awesome, Julie. It was fun to meet you on the DD Design Team. Keep in touch:)

Cindy Brumbaugh said...

Again, as always, a beautiful card with precise detailing of the creative process. You are awesome, Julie. It was fun to meet you on the DD Design Team. Keep in touch:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...