Saturday, June 7, 2014

JUN14VSNB Hot & Sticky Summer :-)

Hi Again Stampers! 

It is that time again for a Virtual Stamping Event at Splitcoaststampers – Summer Vacation, Friday andSaturday June 6th and 7th.     As mentioned in my last post, I had fun participating last year and decided to go for it again! 

The main rule is that you have to create your card, start to finish (not including photographing and posting) within 60 minutes, but even though this may seem to be difficult to accomplish, I found that that time limit was perfect!!   Allows me to focus more on the design and make quicker decisions-plus I was able to use up a few scraps as well as in this case, “stash” items that I have had for years!


The JUN14VSN14B Challenge is “Hot and Sticky Summer” and you need to use a sticker of some sort (homemade, one from your stash, etc.).   I also decided to incorporate the CC481 "So Smoky & Slushy" Splitcoaststampers Challenge- So Saffron, Strawberry Slush and Smoky Slate and I found  a very old sheet of square transparent Mosaic Tiles that I decided to use as the “sticker”….

Again, I turned to My Digital Studio (MDS) for the Postage Due image but you could easily use the stamp as well (I reduced the size of the image in MDS and printed out onto Whisper White cardstock :-)).   

Color the Postage Due image using Stampin’ Write Markers- just use the brush tip and color the entire image using continual swiping motions with the So Saffron marker, followed by the Strawberry Slush marker (only color the flower in the corner with Strawberry Slush and the stamens with the So Saffron).

Punch out the image using the 1” Square Punch and layer into a pattern onto a piece of Smoky Slate cardstock (I made a mistake and found it as I started to layer the punched images onto the Smoky Slate cardstock-  I had not lined up the punch in a sequential manner as I thought I had, so I matched up the printed image versus aligning in a perfect square).

Since I found the error above, I hand cut around the tiles (after I added the Mosaic Tile Stickers- would recommend you trim first before adding the Mosaic Tiles- oops!!)

I found a Smoky Slate card base ready from a previous crafting session (rejected from that project but perfect for this one :-)) so I decided to add a Basic Black layer (rounding the corners using the Envelope Punch Board).

Layer the sentiment (again, from MDS printed onto Whisper White cardstock) onto a few scrap strips of Smoky Slate and Basic Black cardstock – you cannot tell that they are scraps, can you?

Use the Big Shot™ with the Chevron Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folder to emboss a piece of retired So Saffron Designer Series Paper (DSP) and add the layered sentiment onto the embossed DSP.  Trim, add the 5/8” retired Basic Black Satin Ribbon double bow and adhere to the card front.

Add the focal image panel with the Mosaic Tile Stickers using Stampin’ Dimensionals™. 

Adhere a few Pearls to the upper left hand corner of the card as well as the lower right near the sentiment to finish off the card.

Stamp Sets:  Postage Due, Word Play (both MDS versions)

Ink:  Printer Ink- Black, Stampin’ Write Markers- So Saffron, Strawberry Slush

Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Smoky Slate, So Saffron DSP (retired)

Accessories:  Big Shot™, Chevron Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folder, Envelope Punch Board, 1” Square Punch, 5/8” Basic Black Satin Ribbon (retired), Pearls, 1” Square Transparent Mosaic Tile Stickers (from my stash)  


Thanks again for visiting and I will be posting a few more cards this evening- have a great weekend!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...