Friday, August 15, 2014

A Quiet Life Sympathy- Three Challenges in One!



Hi Stampers! 

I had a glorious day spending time with my husband- 
we were able to sneak away to one of our favorite places, Shenandoah National Park and travel part of Skyline Drive!!  The vistas are gorgeous no matter what the weather (although it was a bit cloudy, it was beautiful today) and whenever we visit, I feel so close to God’s creation, it always inspires me to create something in my craft room when I return :-)


I know some of you have arrived from these challenge sites, but if not, I encourage you to visit the linked pages above and check out the wonderful Design Team projects as well as their fabulous galleries- you will definitely be inspired!




To create this card:
Use the Big Shot™ with the Woodgrain Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folder to emboss a piece of retired Blushing Bride Designer Series Paper (DSP).   Trim to 3 ¾” wide and adhere to top of a piece of 4” wide x 5.25” long Whisper White cardstock.

Add a piece of Moonlight DSP (Hello Honey honeycomb pattern) to the lower portion of the card.   Adhere the die cut border (this was a scrap from a previous project) and add the gray satin ribbon strips to cover the edges. 
Distress the edges by hand (I decided to do this after putting the card together since the Woodgrain folder tends to slightly tear the DSP).   Also add a bit of Dazzling Diamonds to the border area (again, this is to mask the excess adhesive that appeared on the Blushing Bride layer under the border die). 
Mount the entire panel onto a piece of Basic Gray cardstock, trim and adhere to the Whisper White card base.
Stamp the bee image using Basic Gray Classic Ink onto Whisper White cardstock.  Color the image using Stampin’ Write markers- Blushing Bride and Hello Honey plus the Light Calypso Coral and Smoky Slate Blendabilities™ markers.   Cut out the image along the border and add a bit of Dazzling Diamonds to the wings.
Mount a piece of Whisper White cardstock onto a piece of Basic Gray cardstock for the focal image panel per the sketch.
Add the bee image  using Stampin’ Dimensionals® as well as the sentiment (again, the sentiment was already in my scraps- a previously printed image from My Digital Studio (MDS) onto Whisper White cardstock, trimmed and the banner was created with the Hexagon Punch).   Mount the entire panel to the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals®.   
Create the rolled flowers from retired Blushing Bride and Calypso Coral DSP using the 1 ¾” and 1 ¼” Scallop Circle Punches.   Spiral cut by hand a wavy line from the outside of the scallop toward the center and roll up to create the rose (here is a basic tutorial from Splitcoaststampers).  
Adhere the Basic Gray leaves (from the Bird Builder Punch) along with the rolled roses to the card front (I used Hot Glue for creating the roses and adhering to the card front).
Add the Pearls to the corners to finish off the card.
Stamp Sets: Teeny Tiny Wishes (MDS version), A Quiet Life (retired)
Ink: Basic Gray, Printer Ink- Black, Stampin’ Write Markers- Blushing Bride, Hello Honey; Stampin’ Blendabilities™- Light Calypso Coral, Light Smoky Slate
Paper/Cardstock:  Whisper White, Basic Gray, Moonlight DSP, retired Blushing Bride and Calypso Coral DSP
Accessories: Big Shot™, Woodgrain Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folder, Border Die (ODBD), Punches: Hexagon, Bird Builder, Scallop Circle- 1 ¾”, 1 ¼”;  Dazzling Diamonds Glitter,  Pearls, Gray Satin Ribbon from my stash

Thanks again for stopping by- I hope all of you have a fabulous Friday!!

10 comments:

Nance Leedy said...

Julie, I am always in awe of the lush details and rich texture of your cards. Another beautiful one and I love that you used my colors this week! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

LeAnne said...

This is just GORGEOUS! I saw this pop up in my Feedly and couldn't wait to comment! Just beautiful! Thanks for sharing it with us....I love anything with bees on it, you've inspired me to go make something myself!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a visual feast Julie - there's so much beauty and interest in your card! A great use of this week's challenge colours. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week.

laurie said...

Your card is gorgeous, I love all the extra elements you added!

Michelle said...

Wow, Julie, this card is super pretty! Gorgeous!! Thanks for joining us at Fusion (we're chasing up that Linky now).

Jaydee said...

Julie, sounds like you had a fabulous drive! I love that it inspired you to create this fabulous card. I really love that bee in the middle. The frame you created really draws your eye into the card
So glad you joined the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

SmilynStef said...

What a lovely sympathy card ... I love your perfect distressing ... so glad you joined us at Fusion Card Challenge (the linky has been restored if you'd like to stop back by and link-up).

Julia Aston said...

What a beautiful card Julie! love your flowers, pretty paper and the distressed embossed background! thanks you so much for joining us in the Fusion Challenge!

Deepti said...

Beautiful card, I love all the layering and texturing done on this card along with the sweet little cluster of flowers :) Thank you for sharing with Fusion !

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Wonderful shabby chic card, I love all the little touches... the pearls, tattered paper and flowers! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...