Monday, July 20, 2015

His Eye Is On The Sparrow- A Mixed Media Card for Two Challenges :-)

Hi Stampers!!

Sorry I have not posted in a few days – I have been creating cards for the upcoming 2015 Dare to Get Dirty Week at Splitcoaststampers!

This year I will be hosting one of the DTGD challenges for the very first time and only Fan Club Members are allowed to see all of the challenge particulars and participate (see details here on becoming a Fan Club Member).

The yearly membership fee helps to offset the cost of maintaining the Splitcoaststampers website, so if you are not already a Fan Club Member, I hope you will consider joining (no, I do not receive commission, but for all of the gallery inspiration, free tutorials, etc. that Splitcoaststampers provides to our art community, it is well worth less than a penny a day to become a Fan Club Member :-)).

In the meantime, while I had some of the Mixed Media supplies on my craft table, I decided to create a card for the Mixed Media Monthly Card Challenge #13 “Blue” along with the Splitcoaststampers Free For All F4A282 “Anything That Flies” Challenge (see details here and gallery here).

Again, I hope you will take the time to visit the above sites- fabulous Design Team creations as well as gorgeous galleries and inspiration from all! 

This card was created using Gesso® over a piece of Stampin’ Up! retired DSP as the background “base”, applying layers of Gelatos®, Ranger® Tim Holtz® Distress Stains and Adirondack® Alcohol Inks as well as Crackle Texture Paste with Stencils.  Keep applying layers until you are satisfied (I am a messy Mixed Media artist so if you are like me, you fingers will become "blue" as well as the background- lol!)...
Add the crochet lace, ribbon, stamped bird and digital sentiment along with a few Pearls and you are done :-)

Stamp Sets: Choose Happiness, Script (retired background stamp), Word Art Wednesday (digital sentiment)

Ink: Stāz-On Midnight Ink, Island Indigo; Gelatos®,  Ranger® Tim Holtz® Distress Stains and Adirondack® Alcohol Inks

Paper: Whisper White, Elegant Eggplant, Island Indigo, Mossy Meadow, Perfect Plum; retired SU! DSP (patterned covered with Gesso®)

Accessories: Gesso®, Heat Tool, Big Shot™, MFT Royal Mini Rose Dies, Flourish Stencil, Crackle Texture Paste, Frost White Shimmer Paint, Crochet Lace, MS Leaf Punch, Hexagon Punch, 3/8” Perfect Plum Taffeta Ribbon, 5/8” Satin Ribbon, Pearls


Thanks again for taking the time to stop by- it is such an encouragement to me!  Have a wonderful day, my friends!

4 comments:

Pat said...

Hi, Julie - Beautiful card and thanks for the urging to join The Fan Club. I had belonged a long time ago but never thought to go to the site so let the membership expire. But I want to join again mainly to support SCS in a monetary way and it's such a minor way at that. I'm more accustomed to using a computer now and think I'll be able to manage moving around the site better than before. So...progress is being made!

Julie Gearinger said...

Wonderful Aunt Pat!! I have been a Fan Club member for years- I know that $25 a year may be difficult for some, but since I spend a lot of time on the site, I felt it was worth the membership to help support the site as well :-) If you join before the first of August, you can view the DTGD Challenges and we would love to see some of your art in the gallery :-) Thanks for taking the time to comment- you are such an encouragement to me!! Love and hugs!!

Elina Stromberg said...

Gorgeous card and such a great take on our 'Blue' challenge. Love it!
Thanks for playing with us at MMCC. Hoping to see you with us again in August! ♥

sannalippert said...

what a beautiful card!!! just perfect for the July challenge - thanks for joining us at MMCC :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...