Saturday, June 17, 2017

CAS Beautiful You "Dress Up "



Hi Friends!

I have been busy the last few days organizing my craft storage room and decided to take a break and create a quick card for the CASOLOGY #253 “Clothes” Challenge using the colors from The Challenge #87 “Aqua, Orange and Hot Pink”Challenge. 


When I was organizing my craft storage area (I am fortunate to have a 10’ x 11’  room dedicated to storage of all of my paper, punches, scrapbooks, fabric, etc. but I am not able to actually create in this room- too much “stuff” as my hubby says- lol!) I found a stash of “scraps”- die cuts, colored images, etc. that I had set aside for future use.  After several hours sorting these "scraps" and resolving now use these "found items",  I pulled out a previously die cut dress and rose for this quick card.

To create this card:

1). On a folded piece of heavy duty white cardstock, use a sponge dauber with the Memory Box™ Zippy Dots stencil and apply Pool Party along with Pumpkin Pie Classic Ink to the background.

2). Tear off a few strips of Washi Tape (various manufacturers) and apply on a diagonal.  Stamp the sentiment from Beautiful You (Stampin’ Up!) with Melon Mambo Classic Ink.

3). Apply a strip of Washi Tape to the dress die cut (this was one of my “found” pieces- previously cut from retired SU! Venetian Romance DSP using the retired Dress Up Framelits™).  To cover the vanilla background of the designer paper (and bring more pink into the design) use a Melon Mambo Stampin’ Write Marker to color the entire dress and blend the color with an AquaPainter™.  Once dry, adhere to the card front with dimensional foam.

4). Attach the Pool Party rose (another item from my stash- previously die cut with the My Favorite Things™ Mini Royal Rose Die). 

5). Apply shimmer to the dress and rose with a Spectrum Noir™ Clear Glitter Pen to finish off the card.

Stamp Sets: Beautiful You (Stampin’ Up!)

Ink/Mediums: Classic Ink-Melon Mambo, Pool Party, Pumpkin Pie; Melon Mambo Stampin’ Write Marker, Spectrum Noir™ Clear Glitter Pen

Paper: Pool Party, White Heavy Duty Cardstock (from my stash), Venetian Romance retired Stampin’ Up!

Accessories: Big Shot™, retired Dress Up Framelits™, MFT Mini Royal Rose Dies, Memory Box™ Zippy Dots Stencil, Sponge Daubers, misc. Washi Tape


Thanks again for taking the time to visit- I hope you have a fabulous weekend!  

7 comments:

Lesley said...

Hey Julie! Love that washi tape and gorgeous dress!! Great card!

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Pretty dress ... and love that you paired it with the sewing washi tape. So happy you could play in the CASology challenge this week.

Joyce said...

Gorgeous card--Love that dress, and wish I had one for myself. Fantastic background too. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Notes by Nina said...

So pretty, what a darling dress. Thank you for joining us for The Challenge.

Nance said...

An amazing card! Love the design and those washi tapes, wow! Thanks for playing with us at The Challenge!

Lori said...

So fun! Love the washi tape background behind the pretty die cut dress. Thanks for joining us at The Challenge!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Wow!!! Gorgeous card! Love how you used the washi tape!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...