Monday, July 10, 2017

French Foliage- Another Scraps from My Stash Card

Hi Friends! 

I hope all of you are having a great week so far! Today I am sharing another Mixed Media card that I created using scraps from my stash (I had fun organizing a few containers this past week and am determined to use them- lol!!) :-).

I found this French Foliage image that I had stamped, colored along with pen and ink details plus die cut in my stash and originally I had intended it for a different project but was not thrilled with it at the time. Since it had taken so much of my crafty time, I decided to save it for a later date and when I saw the new challenge blog, The Joy of Sets Challenge "F", I was  determined to create a card using this "stash" item.

I chose not add a sentiment at this time but could add one later (I did not want to cover any of the watercolor details).

In addition to playing along with The Joy of Sets #JOS001 “F”Challenge (you have to use a Stampin' Up! set, current or retired that starts with an "F" in the first name, hence French Foliage), I am also linking this the International Art & Soul #12 “Elementsof Nature” Challenge (another new challenge for me).

If you have not had a chance to visit the challenge blogs yet, I encourage you to do so- wonderful inspiration from all!



To create this card:

1). Using archival black ink, stamp the French Foliage images (retired Stampin’ Up!) onto watercolor paper (masking the images as you stamp). Heat set the ink with the Heat Tool.

2). Watercolor the leaves with Classic Ink- I used So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie, Cherry Cobbler and Garden Green.  Watercolor diluted archival black ink in the background over the other colors as well, mask the leaves and stamp the script image from French Foliage as well as the cancelled postage stamp.

3). Use an extra fine black ink pen to add cross hatching as well as stippling to the leaves along with additional shadows.

4). Die cut the image with a stitched oval die and mount onto Whisper White cardstock (die cut with a stitched rectangle die) with Stampin’ Dimensionals®.

5). Layer onto black cardstock, trim and mount onto the Whisper White card base.

6). Finish off the card using the Clear Wink of Stella® Glitter Pen over the leaves and add a few crystal drops.

Stamp Sets: French Foliage (retired Stampin’ Up!)

Ink/Mediums: Stampin’ Archival™ Basic Black; Cherry Cobbler, Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron, Garden Green Classic Inks, Clear Wink of Stella® Glitter Pen; Faber-Castelle® Black XS Pitt Pen; Speedball™ Writer Black Pen, Nuvo™ Crystal Jewel Drops

 Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Watercolor

Accessories/Tools: Big Shot™, MFT Stitched Rectangle and Oval Dies, AquaPainter™


Thanks again for taking the time to stop by and visit- hugs and I hope you have a fantastic week!

9 comments:

Jan Clothier said...

Wonderful! I love this set. It was the third set I ever bought and you've made it look even more spectacular. Thanks for the insight into how you do it!

Fiona said...

This is why I love re-using retired sets. I've never heard of French Foliage and what a great set it looks. I love the way you've made your card. Thanks for joining us for our first ever challenge.

Christine said...

WOW, this is a beautiful card. Such much detail and thanks for sharing how it was achieved. It is a set I haven't heard of either. Thanks for joining in our very first challenge. I hope you will continue to visit JOS Challenge Blog.

Hazel said...

Absolutely lovely and the leaves are fantastic. Beautifully detailed and a perfect description of how it was achieved. Thank you so much for joining us at IAAS. Hazel x

Beverley Smith said...

Wow, So detailed. Thanks for sharing it.

Jen Ward said...

Wow!! What a lovely card! Thanks for joining us for our first blog challenge.

Jaxx Crafty Creations said...

What an absolutely gorgeous card Julie! Love all your details and the techniques used to achieve this stunning masterpiece. Thanks for sharing and joining in on the challenge at JOS x

Susan Lawson (Simpson) said...

Stunning card - I need this set!

Sallystampers said...

Beautiful card Julie. Great technique. Thankyou for joining us and please join us again.x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...