Saturday, July 29, 2017

Psalm 34:8- O Taste and See That The Lord Is Good

Hi Friends!

I had a chance to create a card this weekend using a digital stamp from Power Poppy along with a brand new verse sentiment from Verve Stamps.  

I had printed out and watercolored the digi image a while back but had not completed a card, so when I noticed that the As You See It Challenge #155 Challenge is “When I lose my craft mojo, I ____”, I thought this would be a good time to finish this project.  

If I am struggling with figuring out a design (or as we call it in the crafty world "mojo"), I generally find that if I focus on only one or two stamp sets and use a sketch/or color challenge, it helps with my “mojo”.  I have so many stamps, designer papers, inks, mediums, etc. that it can get a bit overwhelming since I want to use them all!   I am also a bit of a perfectionist with an "Attention Deficit Disorder" (all of those supplies keep grabbing my attention:-)) so limiting my choices helps me immensely.


Since I wanted to get my "mojo" back, I incorporated the Tuesday Morning Sketches #413 Sketch Challenge and the Just Us Girls #404 Wild Card Week “Use Something Old/and or New” Challenge (I have owned the Power Poppy digi stamp for a while, the DSP, Embossing Folder and Banner Punch were retired years ago, the gingham ribbon is several years old and the Verve Stamps image is " brand new to me").

If you have not had a chance to check out the above challenges yet, I hope you will find the time to do so- great inspiration from all!

To create this card:

1). Using a digital software program or Word, re-size and print out the Power Poppy Apples In Season image onto white cardstock.  Using watercolor pencils along with an AquaPainter™ (very little water so the paper will not pill), water color the image.  Once you are satisfied with the colors, die cut the image with the MFT Stitched Ovals STAX Dies.  Die cut a piece of black cardstock using the same size oval die (split the die in half) and set aside.

2). De-static the colored oval image with an Embossing Buddy® powder tool, stamp the Verve Stamps Scripture Medley 4 image with Versafine™ Onyx Black ink and heat emboss with clear embossing powder.  Once the powder has cooled, use a clear glitter pen to add shimmer to the apples and blossoms and an extra fine white paint pen to add highlights.

3). Layer the die cut oval image onto the split black die cut (allowing just the black die to show a bit) and set aside.

4). Use the Big Shot™ with the retired Lacy Brocade Texture Impressions™ Embossing Folder to emboss a piece of retired designer series paper (Stampin’ Up!), mount onto a piece of black cardstock and distress lightly with a sanding block.  Mount onto the red card front and adhere to the white card base.

5). Add the horizontal strip of retired dsp onto a smaller piece of black cardstock (per the sketch) and adhere a piece of black and white gingham.  Adhere to the card front and mount the focal image using dimensional foam.

6). The small flag banners were in my stash (punched from black cardstock using the retired Banner Punch (SU!) – punch two smaller banners using the red dsp for the middle area.  Using a copper spiral clip, add the banners to the corner.

7). Finish off the card with the double black and white gingham bow.

Stamp Sets: Apples In Season (digi- Power Poppy), Scripture Medley 4 (Verve Stamps)

Ink/Mediums: Printer Ink- Black; Versafine™, Derwent™ Watercolor Pencils, Spectrum Noir™ Clear Glitter Pen, Extra Fine White Sharpie® Paint Pen

Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Riding Hood Red, retired DSP- SU!

Accessories/Tools: Big Shot™, MFT Stitched Ovals STAX Dies, retired Lacy Brocade Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folder, retired Banner Punch, Copper Spiral Clip, 1” Black and White Gingham Ribbon, Sanding Block, Embossing Buddy®, Clear EP, Heat Tool


Thanks again for taking the time to stop by- hugs and I hope all of you have a great weekend !

11 comments:

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Beautiful design and coloring, too! Beautiful depth on that image. I love your use of the Old and New. That background is gorgeous. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

Melissa Craig said...

Gorgeous card. That image is absolutely beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Helen Gullett said...

Julie, thay is so beautiful. Your coloring work is amazing.

Heather Cooper said...

Julie,you have a beautiful design here! I'm blown away by the depth create by your skill at watercolouring. The colours are so rich and the black and white gingham bow is a perfect touch! I'd say your mojo is in fine shape! Thanks for playing along with us at As You See It Challenge!

Jan Clothier said...

Julie, this is yet another gorgeous card. Your instructions sound easy: "Color the image..." but you colour with a depth and precision the rest of us lack! The touches of black in the ribbon, mat and sentiment really make the card pop. I feel in good company that you do just what I do when my mojo is MIA! Thank you so much for joining us again at As You See It Challenge.

Janice M said...

What a beautiful card! Love the large gingham bow with the apples. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Debbie said...

Beautiful card! I love your image and that verse!!
Thanks for playing along at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
Debbie
Debbie's Dash of This and That

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous creation, Julie, and a stunning job coloring it! Love the layers on the sketch and your choice of verse, but that big gingham bow really steals the show! Thanks for playing with AYSI and getting your mojo on!

SewPaperPaint said...

Oh this is so pretty and vibrant! I love how you overlaid the stamp onto the image, perfection! Hugs, Autumn

Teresa Kline said...

oh wow, this is gorgeous...I luv your coloring! I am so glad you played along with the
As you see it!


blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

CherylQuilts said...

Julie, this is GORGEOUS, and I agree with Jan's comment above about your coloring. I love the layout, DP, and wonderful Scripture verse that is so precious! Thanks for the wonderful instructions and for sharing your artwork and your faith! Hugs and love! xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...