Thursday, July 6, 2017

Sending Prayers Your Way


Hi Friends!!

I hope all of you are having a great week so far! Today I am sharing a quick card using a sentiment from Sweet ‘n Sassy Stamps, Floral Greetings (designed by Graciellie Designs) along with a Distress Oxide background and a retired SNSS Bare Tree Die. 

We have several friends that need prayer on a regular basis so I thought I would create a card that would be gender neutral and I absolutely love using the new Distress Oxide Inks!! So much fun and each background looks different :-)


If you have not already had a chance to visit the above challenge sites, I hope you will do so- they both have wonderful Design Teams as well as inspiration in their galleries.

To create this card:

1). Using Distress Oxide Inks (I used Cracked Pistachio, Broken China and Wilted Violet), press the ink pads onto a silicone craft mat, spritz with water and lay a piece of white cardstock into the ink.  Lift up and repeat until you are satisfied with the coverage, spritz the panel again with water and heat set with a heat tool. Cut the panel into strips, mount onto black cardstock and trim close to the edge.

2). Ink the sentiment from Floral Greetings with Versafine™ Black Archival Ink and stamp onto one of the panels. 

2). Mount the strips onto black cardstock and trim close to the edge.

3). Trim a piece of white cardstock and mount onto the black card front, adhere the entire panel onto the white card base.

4), Adhere the background strips with dimensional foam to the card front (per the sketch).

5). Die cut the tree die from black cardstock, mount onto the card front and add a few sequins to finish off the card.

Ink/Mediums: Versafine™ Onyx Black, Tim Holtz® Distress Oxide Inks- Broken China, Cracked Pistachio and Wilted Violet
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black
Accessories: Big Shot™, retired Bare Tree Die (SNSS), Sequins


Thanks again for taking the time to stop by- hugs and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

5 comments:

Vicki said...

Gorgeous card, Julie! Love the oxide ink background that you created! Thanks for joining the Double D, "Pastel Party" Challenge.

Darlene said...

Just gorgeous Julie and I love your overall design! Don't you just LOVE these oxide inks ... I sure do! Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Pastels’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Heather Cooper said...

Oh, that is a stunning card, Julie! I love it so much!!

Jan Clothier said...

I love those rich colours in the background panel. I am clearly going to have to go on a hunt for these oxide inks if this is what they do! Love, love this card.

Virginia Ellison said...

I love this card and the vibrant colors.... Wished I had seen this one a couple of weeks ago. Thanks for sharing

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...