Monday, July 10, 2017

True Friend- A Quick Card from Scraps

Hi Friends!!

Today I am sharing a quick Clean and Simple (CAS) Mixed Media card designed with scraps from my stash- lol! 

Sometimes I will start a project and realize that it is not turning out the way I had hoped and set the stamped images (r die cuts aside). or as in this case, I will save negative die cuts along with previously embossed background panels.  

I spent this evening organizing a few containers of scraps and pulled out a previously stamped/embossed background as well as a negative die cut to create this quick card.


If you have not already had a chance to visit the above challenge sites, I hope you will do so- they both have fantastic Design Teams as well as inspiration in their galleries.

To create this card:

1). Using Versamark™ ink, stamp the retired Bella Toile background stamp onto Whisper White cardstock, apply white embossing powder and heat set with the Heat Tool. 

Once the embossing has cooled, use sponge daubers to apply Pool Party, Marina Mist and Midnight Muse Classic Ink over the embossing, wipe off the excess with a slightly damp paper towel.  Ink the Chicken Wire background stamp with Midnight Muse Classic Ink and stamp over the entire image, allow the ink to dry and once dried, use a paper towel to wipe off the excess ink from the embossing. ***Again, this background was ready to go in my scraps and was a bit "busy" so I think it works well using the negative space in the cat die :-)). 

2). The circular element in the sketch was created from a die cut using Basic Black cardstock (Poppystamps™ Sitting Cat Die and the Circles Framelits™- also in my scraps). 

3). Die cut a piece of Basic Black cardstock with the My Favorite Things (MFT) Stitched Rectangle STAX Dies (again, this was already in my stash), trim a piece of Whisper White to fit within the frame. 

Trim another piece of Whisper White cardstock to approx. 4” x 5 ¼”, mount onto a piece of Basic Black cardstock and adhere to the Whisper White card base.

4). Trim a small piece of the heat embossed Bella Toile background to fit behind the window of the cat die.

5). Trim a piece of retired designer paper and mount onto Basic Black cardstock, add this horizontal layer before mounting the circular die with dimensional foam.

6), Mount the digital image from True Friend (again, this sentiment was in my stash and had been printed onto Whisper White cardstock using MDS and punched out with the Small Oval Punch).

7). Finish off the card with Nuvo™ Crystal Gloss Black Drops.

Stamp Sets: Bella Toile Background, Chicken Wire Background, True Friend (Digital Version)-all retired Stampin’ Up!

Ink/Mediums: Versamark™ Onyx Black, Printer Ink- Black; Classic Ink=- Pool Party, Marina Mist, Midnight Muse; Nuvo™ Crystal Drops- Gloss Black

Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, retired Stampin’ Up! DSP

Accessories: Big Shot™, MFT Stitched Rectangle STAX, Poppystamps Sitting Cat Die, Embossing Buddy®, Stampin’ Emboss® White Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Small Oval Punch


Thanks again for taking the time to stop by- hugs and I hope you have a wonderful week!

2 comments:

Narelle Farrugia said...

I love this clean card Julie! That cat is so striking with the black background to set him off! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

Karen Letchworth said...

A true friend is a rare gift, indeed. I am blessed to have a few of those very special people in my life. I don't know what I'd do without them. What a fabulous job you've done on this card made from scraps. Thanks so much for stopping by to share your talents with us. I love it when you play along in our challenges. God bless you, and please join us again soon.
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...